If you want to create a cool blowing effect for text or any other object, you need to download Trapcode Form plugin and read this After Effects tutorial.
Here my result:
Tutorial: Creating a Blowing Effect for Text in After Effects via Trapcode Form
1. Create a new composition (name it Build) and a new solid-layer. Apply Effects > Generate > Ramp to this solid-layer and set the following settings.
2. Set the pointer to the beggining of timeline and press P button. Move the solid to left and place a keyframe. Then set the pointer to the 3 second and move the solid to right. Place the second keyframe here. See screenshots for details.
3. Create a new composition (name it Text) and a new text layer with desired text. Then, create a new solid-layer and apply Ramp effect to it.
4. Do the same actions as in the point 2.
5. Place the solid-layer 2 under the text layer and set Track Matte to Luma Inverted matte.
6. Create a new composition and place two your composition here. Make Build and Text compositions invisible. Then, create a new solid-layer and apply Effects > Trapcode > Form to this layer. Set the following parameters for Trapcode Form effect.
7. Now, configure Layer Maps.
8. Then, set 200 for Disperse parameter in Disperse & Twist.
9. And finally, set the following parameters for Fractal Field options.
You should get something like that:
Author: Aharon Rabinowitz
To know more After Effects tips and tricks, I recommend you to read Books for After Effects.
Thank you for reading.
You can read other Tutorials in my Russian Blog - After Effects Tutorials.